On Friday, July 5th, for those who wish to extend their stay and see the city we are hosting a trip around Warsaw. We will be taking a bus in order to see some of the best sights our city has to offer such as the Royal Wilanów Gardens, Royal Łazienki Park, the Praga District, the Palace of Culture and Science and Grzybowski Square. The trip will be free for registered participants of the Colloquium, however interested participants must RSVP (here - TRIP) by Wednesday, June 19th.
TRIP ITINARARY (5 hours)
- 09:00AM – start of the guided tour
- 09:00AM-09:30AM – transfer to Wilanów: introduction about the general history of Warsaw
- 09:30AM-10:15AM – Gardens of Royal Wilanów: visit to the park of the residence of the King Jan III Sobieski: baroque garden, rose garden and English park
- 10:15AM-10:45AM – transfer to Praga district: the history of Praga
- 10:45PM-11:30AM – Praga – the second face of Warsaw: short walk along Ząbkowska street: visit to some pre-war courtyards with shrines of Virgin Mary, “multicultural triangle” of Praga
- 11:30AM-12:00PM – driving tour through famous streets of Praga and transfer to the Royal Łazienki Park: the history of the royal residence
- 12:00AM-12:30PM – The Royal Łazienki Park: short visit to the park of the royal summer residenceof Stanisław August, the last King of Poland
- 12:30PM-01:00PM – transfer to Grzybowski Square
- 01:00PM-02:00PM – the history of the Palace of Culture and Science and Grzybowski Square – Jewish footsteps in Warsaw, drive to Złota Street: the only original part of ghetto wall
- 02:00PM – the end of the tour
During the tour we will skip the tour of Old Town, as the Colloquium takes place at the Central Archives of Historical Records located in Old Town, and you will have the opportunity to discover the area during time off.